Thursday, September 9, 2010

That Ikea experience

Went to ikea with Kathy today to get a bookcase. Came back with: a bag of meat, 3 throws for my increasingly shabby sofas; 2 blankets for the cats (A bargain at 2 euros each, the blankets not the cats), A load of groceries, 120 litres of chipped bark and 70 litres of 'Potgrond' for my clematis and my wisteria. Plus a bag of swedish meatballs.
Obviously we got a little sidetracked but we did get the bookcase. Also had lunch.

Eldest Son actually sat and did his homework by me tonight . There is a new attitude for several reasons I think: a) The realisation that the exams start the day before his 18th birthday in May, b) on returning to school those who have done badly in their A/S or internal exams have been moved down or have to retake, a hitherto unknown experience for my boy's friends, some have simply been packed off to another school, in some cases in another country, almost overnight.
c) There seems to be a much greater social life which is under threat if he does not toe the line.

Long may it last.

Oh no I have just lost 40 minutes worth of typing. Son has just given me a sound piece of advice so I don't do this again; makes me feel very old. Mr Logic should be here at any moment. Goody!


Until Next Time - Yours in A Flemish Field

No comments:

Post a Comment