Monday, August 9, 2010

Scan Number 3

All went well at the hospital today. They can't tell from a scan whether the shadow in my head is the remains of the tumour or scar tissue but either way it is no bigger, which is about the best we can get. I could do all the tests the usual ones walking one foot in front of the other in a straight line balancing my arms at a level with my eyes shut and some new ones including naming the months of the year backwards. counting backwards from 74 in 7's and closing my eyes and being shoved in the shoulder to see if I fell over -I didn't. Really pleasedthere was not one that reuired you to I did fit the milk bottle shelf back in the fridge door because that always takes me 4 goes!

Having just read back over these I can see how many of them seem to imply I have been merely very drunk and not sick at all so it is rather bizarre that after an abstemious period of 15 months I am now allowed to drink a small amount of alcohol and may swim accompanied(obviously it is not ideal to mix the 2). No driving of course. We had an ice lolly and a glass of fizz to celebrate. Oh how the wealthy live it up

Also went to see an ancient and very stooped osteopath this am who looked like he could do with some self healing. His turtle -like head was almost burrowed back into his spine and i almost offered to give him a massage. He is working on my spine and made marks in felt tip to remind himself where to pull me ; either that or he was writing down what he needs to take on his holiday. he says he can help with the cancer too ( but don't tell the oncologist some of them have very 'closed minds'). Back to see him on Thursday for more bone cracking and maybe his french witch doctor friend will be there. Perhaps I should wear some alternative clothing for this alternative medicine. For those of you who know the story of me and the turkish doctor you will be relieved to hear I had my drawers on for ALL of the above procedures.

Off to bed now as I have to get lots of rest still which I fail to do much of the time. Ho hum time at the beauticians tomorrow with the voucher I got for my birthday. Oh my god I have just realised I have booked in for a back massage - better go and loofah that holiday list off now.


Until Next Time - Yours In A Flemish Field

1 comment: