Tuesday, November 2, 2010




Guess what? I lost most of my last post . SAVE EVERY FEW SECONDS is my motto now. I am out of the hospital since Thursday, last awaiting an NFMER scan which Chris tells me is rather like The Krypton Factor and The Cube combined, which we have been try out, on the I Pad. I am now very nervous as I have never been any good at logic puzzles, so with a second brain tumour what chance have I? I can tell either my typing is worse or I am now dyslexic, especially b and d or is that d and b ? Ha ha .

After being out asleep for 3 days and muttering in tongues Chris wrote -" han dan paterna burne exapte hewer on the sent to be seuter ebeur desetuwu" in repeated 'sentences' .

Apparently I have had the equivalent of a massive electrical storm in my head caused by another tumour, this time in the part affecting language and numeracy no problem for a primary teacher then.

I have had a CAT scan, an NMR and 3 EEG's all without really knowing ; imagine Davros style electron caps on the head (Dr Who fans only). The first EEG really yelled and gave the technician a real 'death stare' and a scream. nos 2 an 3 were fine and a bit between having a perm and a Charlie Chaplin film.

I can now write and speak better with a number of 340 names from memory instead of just Colleen and Wayne Rooney. I had to ask 'Wayne Rooney' "Is that right?" but sadly it was. My poor brain just could not compute how such a picture and such words could make any sense. I was of course in front of the newspaper at the time.

Before then, Chris has to go for a routine Colonoscopy (see I told you I could spell ) "Because you're nearly 50 and you're a Dalton", Thanks Daltons everywhere. This involves a 4 day 'special diet ' that involves an extraordinary amount of eggs, a sachet of 'wallpaper type past ' and a camera up yer bum. We both go on the same day ( different drivers) . I suggest no visitors until all dietary distress has passed through! Luverly. We would have liked to see Prince ideally on the same day only announced 5 days before, but maybe not.

Now with double epilepsy drugs my memory is returning.

I hope the next scan tell will me after Nov 8th so that I can have the tumour removed. I am hoping things might improve further.

If not I would like to thank you all for the kind words and heartfelt generosity of my family and friends, for you have given me such a lot of pleasure, both in hearing words and writing them. Long may it continue.




Until then yours in a Flemish hospital

No comments:

Post a Comment